76trombones (76trombones) wrote,

tee hee

The German word for velvet is Samt. The German word (well, phrase) for corduroy is gerippter Samt. So says http://dict.leo.org/ . I am duly amused.

(If you're wondering, I looked this word up because I got spam from arbeitsamt.de, and wondered what that meant. I'm pretty sure it meant "Arbeit samt" rather than "Arbeit Samt" though.)

And now I will do actual work.
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 1 comment